Set of Chronicles of America Series Bookshelf Staging, S/8
This is a selection of 8 volumes from The Chronicles of America Series which was published 100 years ago in 1921 by the Yale University Press and edited by Allen Johnson.
This edition is the very unusual red-covered Extra Illustrated Edition which has embellished covers with gold designs and gold page tops.
Each volume has a tissue-protected black and white front piece as well as other illustrations throughout the books all with lovely deckle edge pages.
The covers of the books are crisp but the spines are faded. The set measures 8.25" across and is 8.25" tall.
The books in the collection are numbered. Included are:
34. The American Spirit in Literature by Bliss Perry
39. The Age of Big Business
40. The Armies of Labor by Samuel P. Orth
41. The Masters of Capital by John Moody
42. The New South by Holland Thompson
43. The Boss and The Machine by Samuel P. Orth
44. The Cleveland Era by Henry Jones Ford
46. The Path of the Empire by Carl Russell Fish