Decorative History Set of Chronicles of America Series, S/8
This is a selection of 8 volumes from The Chronicles of America Series which was published 100 years ago in 1921 by the Yale University Press and edited by Allen Johnson.
This edition is the very unusual red-covered Extra Illustrated Edition which has embellished covers with gold designs and gold page tops.
Each volume has a tissue-protected black and white front piece as well as other illustrations throughout the books all with lovely deckle edge pages.
The covers of the books are crisp but the spines are faded. The set measures 8.25" across and is 8.25" tall.
The books in the collection are numbered. Included are:
21. The Paths of Inland Commerce by Archer B. Hulbert
22. Adventures of Oregon by Constance Lindsay Skinner
24. Texas and The Mexican War by Nathaniel W. Stephenson
26. The Passing of the Frontier by Emerson Hough
32. The Sequel of Appomattox by Walter Lynwood Fleming
35. Our Foreigners by Samuel P. Orth
36. The Old Merchant Marine by Ralph D. Paine
37. The Age of Invention by Holland Thompson